Gippsland Grammar news: April 29, 2022
We have had a fabulous week as we launch into Term 2. Many of our students attended ANZAC Day ceremonies around the region on Monday which has been followed by ANZAC Day ceremonies, led by our students whose families are members of the Australian Defence forces. My sincere thanks to our Defence School Mentor, Mrs Amanda Canfield who does a wonderful job supporting our students and families. Here are a few photos of our ceremonies:
I would like to draw attention to the following events coming up at Gippsland Grammar.
- Ben Crowe is on next week and it’s not too late to book! Tell your friends and come and join us next Thursday 5 May. We are so fortunate to have such a world-acclaimed speaker with us. Bookings can be made here: www.trybooking.com/BXZHY
- Bairnsdale’s Open Day is on 7 May 9 am – 11 am. Please tell your friends about it, it will be a great opportunity for prospective families to come and see our students and staff.
- Parent-teacher interviews at Garnsey for Years 7-11 will be held on Monday 9 May and Wednesday 18 May. Keep an eye out for the booking information on VOS.
- Chicago – our Musical is just around the corner too. Mark your calendars as the season opens on Thursday, May 26 in Garnsey Hall. Tickets will be available soon.
- St Anne’s Welcome Back Picnic – Thursday 5 May from 4 pm – 5.30 pm
- ELC Mother’s Day Celebrations
St Anne’s Campus
Reception Cygnets Groups
Tuesday/Thursday Group – Thursday, May 5 from 2.15 pm
Monday/Wednesday Group – Monday, May 9 from 2.15 pmTransition Black and White Swans Groups
Friday, May 6 – Breakfast 8.00 to 8.45 am at the ELC
Tuesday 3 May 2.45 – 3.05 pm
Bairnsdale Transition Group
Friday 6th May – Breakfast with Junior Campus (James Beard Centre) 8.15 am. Fellowship at 9.00 am
The Resilience Project
A reminder if you haven’t already looked at The Resilience Project resources.
The Resilience Project delivers emotionally engaging programs and provides evidence-based, practical strategies to build resilience.
Our Partnership Program consists of online presentations and weekly lessons for students, professional development for staff, and Parent & Carer Hub (inc. digital presentations) for our parent and carer community.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
Welcome back to Term 2! Year 1 students, Harry, Audrey and Ayla playing amongst the autumn leaves under the giant oak tree at the front of our St Anne’s campus.
Gippsland Grammar background:
Gippsland Grammar is one of Australia’s leading co-educational Anglican schools, with a tradition of excellence in education extending almost 100 years. Located in the heart of Gippsland, the School has more than 1100 students across three campuses including St Anne’s junior campus and the Garnsey senior campus, both at Sale, and the Bairnsdale junior campus in East Gippsland. Enrolments at both junior campuses begin with a 3s and 4s kindergarten program at their respective Early Learning Centres (ELC) and Garnsey caters for students from Years 7-12. Gippsland Grammar is also the only boarding school east of Melbourne’s suburban fringe and is a home-away-from-home for students from far East Gippsland, South Gippsland, Victoria’s High Country and the Latrobe Valley as well as for a cohort of international students.
Join our Community:
If you’d like to join our Gippsland Grammar Community please phone us on 56143 6388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Prospectus, and book a campus tour or simply inquire about a future enrolment. Or click here to read our Gippsland Grammar Information Book.
Looking for a School?
Request a Gippsland Grammar Information Pack