Garnsey Campus newsletter: Nov 8, 2019
As we move towards the end of the year many plans are coming to fruition for 2020, including the announcement of our two rowing captains for the season. Please join me in congratulating Amy Baker and Lachy Rose who will play an important role in supporting the coaching team and the rowers through the season ahead.
Amy Baker and Lachy Rose are the two new rowing captains for the season ahead.
END OF SEMESTER ARRANGEMENTS
This has been an excursion-free week at the Garnsey Campus. Our senior students are very focussed on their studies with Year 12 examinations continuing, Year 11 examinations starting today and Year 10 examinations beginning on Monday. The Year 9s are heading to a variety of different destinations next week for their final Outdoor Education program and they have been very excited in their preparations for this event. Time appears to be flying by and we are now preparing for Rollover which begins on Monday November 25. This flurry of activity means teachers are also finalising assessments and preparing for the completion of the final reports for all students. As there is a lot going on, I’ve included below some details about the end of semester program and Rollover arrangements:
Week 6 (commencing Monday November 11)
• Examinations for Year 10 and 11 students. Remembrance Day service in Quadrangle at 11am. Year 9 Outdoor Education electives.
Week 7 (commencing Tuesday November 18)
• Student-free report day on Monday November 18.
• Textbook hire return and clean out of all student lockers will occur on Tuesday and Wednesday.
• Year 10 Federation University tour and Year 11 Melbourne Tertiary Tour on Thursday November 21.
• Activities Day will be held on Thursday November 21 for all Years 7-9 students and is compulsory. Parents will receive letters about the arrangements for these days shortly.
• Student-free day for Rollover preparation on Friday November 22 and Year 12 Valedictory Service and dinner.
Week 8 (commencing Monday November 25)
• Rollover begins with new timetables and arrangements. We will welcome more than 20 new students on this day.
• Classes will operate as per the new timetables distributed on Monday this week.
Week 9 (commencing Monday December 2)
• Year 7 Transition program Tuesday December 3-Friday December 6.
• House Leaders Induction Service Friday December 6.
Week 10 (commencing Monday 9 December)
• Classes finish for the end of term at 3.23pm on Thursday December 12 after Sport in Periods 5 and 6 as normal.
• Celebration Night begins at 7.30pm in Garnsey Hall on Thursday December 12. All 2019 Year 7, 10 and 11 students plus prize winners and musicians are required to attend. Requests for absence must be forwarded to Ms Henry prior to the evening. See below for more information.
Celebration Night – which includes the annual Prizegiving – will be held on Thursday 12 December in Garnsey Hall from 7.30pm. All students and their parents are cordially invited to attend, with Years 7, 10 and 11 students required to attend unless the Head of Campus has been notified in writing prior to the evening. Prize winners of Academic, Endeavour, All-rounder and Citizenship awards will be notified in the week prior to Prizegiving and must also attend, as must Year 11 academic subject prize winners and those who are awarded Merit certificates. Please mark this important celebration of the end of our School year into your diaries. It really is an enjoyable evening which celebrates the wonderful qualities and contributions of our students throughout the year.
Head of Garnsey Campus
Looking for a School?
Request a Gippsland Grammar Information Pack